Athena Cleanse increases the Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) of water. ORP indicates the water’s ability to clean itself, without the need for toxic substances like common sanitation products.
Cleanse is a stabilized solution of Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a mild acid derived from sodium chloride (NaCl) and a proprietary electrochemical treatment process. Typically, hypochlorous degrades quickly in solution, leaving it effective up to 2 years when stored properly.
The result is a unique, plant-safe chemical with powerful oxidative properties to keep your root zone clean and free of unwanted organisms, mineral scale and biofilm buildup. These special properties are key to improving both mineral and oxygen availability in the growing media.
• Non-toxic - Safe to use on plants in and stage of growth
• Neutral pH - Won’t affect solution stability
• Increases Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) to clean water
• Breaks down mineral scale - Keeps irrigation systems in pristine condition
• Reduces biofilm - Keep lines clear of dangerous organic material
• Very low TDS - Doesn’t throw off mineral balance
• Promotes robust root growth
• Effective as a final flush to clean growing media
• Keeps irrigation system cleaner and running efficiently longer
• Reduces mineral buildup in growing media and lines
• Increases oxygen and nutrient availability in growing media
Irrigation - Compatible with most dosing and irrigation systems. May cause biofilm accumulation in systems without proper cleaning protocols. Use Athena Cleanse to reduce buildup and system clogging.
Solubility - 100% soluble, no residue, will not clog emitters.
Stability - Minimal effect on pH or EC.
ORP Range Effects
|High risk for contaminants and pathogens.
|300 - 500 mV
|Ideal for plant growth and most microbial populations.
|Kills many pathogens within seconds, including pythium.
|Rapid disinfection and breakdown of chloramines.
Note: ORP naturally increases as pH drops and increases at higher pH
|Irrigation system maintenance
|Regular Use: Mix 5 mL per 10L Athena Cleanse per gallon water for regular maintenance. Severe Conditions: Mix 25 mL per 10L water of Athena Cleanse for combating severe reservoir and growing media conditions.
|Mix 25 mL Athena Cleanse per 10L water during the final flush stage to reduce residual mineral buildup. This procedure may be used at any time if the growing media or irrigation system develops mineral imbalance or unwanted buildup.
|Foliar application and clone dip
|Mix Cleanse at a ratio of 1:10 with water (100 mL / L) and spray the leaf surface or fully submerge for 3 seconds. Safe to use at any stage.
|Surface & tool cleaning
|Mix Cleanse at a ratio of 1:10 with water (100 mL / L) and spray all surfaces, tools and equipment.
|Irrigation lines, sprayer and pump maintenance
|Mix 25 mL Athena Cleanse per 10L of water and run fully through equipment. Without draining, allow the solution to stand for at least 3 hours to fully clean. Rinse through with clean water to flush out any waste.
Hypochlorous Acid 0.028%