Australian made organic gourmet mushroom kits, spawn & cultures.
Grow your own mushrooms on waste/recycled products like coffee grounds, straw cardboards and much much more!
Aussie Mushroom Supplies have been manufacturing and selling mushroom kits for over 15 years now and supply many farms across Australia wholesale who fruit the mushrooms from our kits for their local markets.
Our 'Gourmet Ready to Grow Mushroom Kits' are 3 - 4 times larger than other kits on the market, meaning you will get 5 times more mushrooms! They are also Fully Sterilised bags which gives you even more mushrooms than some "Low Tek" kits on the market, a low tek kit of the same weight may only give 1/5th or even less of mushrooms
◾ If you are not ready to start your mushroom kit, keep it in the fridge until you are ready, (or it will keep growing!).
All kits are made in our specialty built Class-100 laboratory. We guarantee our room is free from any foreign pathogens and offer a 'certificate of sterilization' when requested. We receive yearly inspections to ensure our processes meet the standards required.
Buy with confidence knowing you're getting a 100% clean product that's safe to travel and be fruited in your homes and workspaces.
Top Fruiting Mushrooms:
Shitake Mushroom Kit
Side Fruiting Mushrooms:
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Tan Oyster, White Oyster and Grey Oyster Mushroom Kits (Side fruiting Mushrooms)
*Lion's Mane not available to Western Australia as it is not on the Permitted Species list.
Guide to the most popular mushrooms you can grow.
Shittake - overall support: One of the most familiar edible mushrooms that is delicious to eat. Contains Eritadenine, a compound known to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. They also contain beta-glucans that reduce inflammation and help prevent the intestines from absorbing cholesterol. Claimed to support immune health and be rich in polysaccharides like lentinans and other beta-glucans.
Reishi - overall body support: The #1 selling nutraceutical mushroom species worldwide. Promotes cardiovascular system health. It supports the body's natural ability to respond to stress and generate energy and stamina. Some regard this as the best mushroom for overall wellness support.
Lion's Mane - mental clarity: Promotes mental clarity, focus, and memory and provides cerebral and nervous system support. Many studies have identified a NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) in Lion's Mane. Also claimed to support cognitive function.
Turkey Tail - immune: Turkey Tail is an ecellent source of cellular nutrients. In a recent clinical study funded by the US National Institutes of Health, Turkey Tail was shown to be immunologically active.
Enoki - overall support: Enoki mushrooms are a commonly used mushroom in Japanese cuisine, and are often added to soups. They also contain a wide range of health benefits and are very nutritious, and would make a good addition to any regular diet. Claimed to improve immune system, improve digestion, burn fat, increase metabolism, balance sugar levels, improve mental development and reduce chances of developing allergies.
Oyster - overall support: Another delicious edible mushroom. In addition to being highly nutritious, they may promote heart and immune system health, encourage health blood sugar control, and provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When can I use my kit?
- All spawn and kits are ready to use as soon as they arrive.
I'm not quite ready to use my spawn or kit, can it be stored?
- If you are not ready to fruit or use your spawn please put the bag(s) in a clean cold fridge (1-5 degrees) until you are ready. Most species are fine for 1-2 months.This will put the mushrooms to sleep.
- NOTE: Pink oysters and hot weather types need to be used immediately.
- If you have purchased your mushroom kit or spawn as a gift. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to give.
Please Note: Mushrooms are a live culture, if you don't put them in the fridge they will grow out of the box on their own.
My kit or spawn doesn't look, right?
- All mycellium / mushrooms look & grow different depending on the species. If you are unsure please contact us via email: email@example.com or Facebook Messenger: @aussiemushroomsupplies.
- If you would like to send images please Facebook messenger us a picture of the bag and a close up of the sticker on the bag. We will know straight away if it is growing as it should of if there is any contamination.
- Rest assured we know what we are sending.
The temperature is different on the bag to what it says on the website?
- We list the best temperature range on the stickers that are on the kit bags. Please know that they will fruit in a wider range.
Where can I keep my mushroom kit?
- Keep your kit somewhere cool, (under 20 degrees) and humid with enough consistent light to read a book like a bathroom or a laundry with the door closed.
Do mushrooms grow in the dark?
- Mushrooms need light to grow, similar to reading light. Please do not keep in a dark cupboard as they will grow malnutritious from the lack of Vitamin D and may look like something out of a sci-fi thriller.
- The best fruiting location is somewhere humid, (above 70%), with non-direct sunlight, fresh air & cool temps within the mushrooms desired range.
I received my Shiitake kit and can see mushrooms coming through. Do I still soak?
- Yes, still soak. But move quickly as the block is ready to fruit.
Why is there yellow stuff/liquid in my grow kit?
- Sometimes excess moisture can build up from the mushrooms digesting the substrate, (it is also called 'mushroom wee' and is normal).
When can I harvest my mushrooms?
- They are ready before all of the spores, (seeds), have been released. This is just before the edges of the mushroom cap turn outwards then upwards. Pick all of them at once.
How many harvests will a kit produce?
- Ready to grow Mushroom Kits can harvest 5-8 flushes depending on their environment and how you look after them.
- Harvests can vary from approx. 300-800grams per harvest depending on the species.
How long will it take for my mushroom kit to fruit?
- Nameko, Enoki, Scaley flame cap 4-6 weeks
- Oyster & Lions Mane 7-21 days
- Shiitake 7-14 days
My block has dried out? What do I do?
- After 2-3 flushes your block may need re-hydrating, do this by soaking the block in cold water for 5-12 hours.
What is all of the dust dropping from my fruited block?
- These are the spores (seeds). Some people can have allergies toward spores. We suggest harvesting and consuming pre-spore release. Store them in an area that keeps you safe, (ie: bathroom, laundry or a terrarium).
The mushroom block is getting smaller each harvest? What is happening?
- The substrate block/log is the mushroom food & will break down between harvests.
How do I know my Mushroom kit isn't going to bring foreign pathogens into my home?
- All of Aussie Mushrooms kits are made in our Class-100 laboratory. We offer a 'Certificate of Sterilisation' upon request.